Hawai’i Learning Groups, LLC, was formed to continue a collaboration with Project ECHO® at the University of New Mexico. We started by continuing a curriculum centered on diabetes in Hawai’i and seek local collaborators to develop additional tracks. HLG has a goal to be part of the transformation and improvement of healthcare. The ECHO model provides a means to implement better evidence-based and patient-centered team care. HLG is a service organization that can help others develop curriculum and implement learning programs to meet the needs of their under-served and rural clients.
WHAT ECHO HLG DOES NOT DO:
• Provide direct patient care
• Promote commercial products
• Bill for medical services
• Charge providers to participate
WHAT ECHO HLG DOES:
• Increases health workforce capacity
• Decentralizes specialty knowledge
• Incorporates guided case-based learning
• Promotes best practices and measures outcomes
• Provides no-cost CMEs
• Leverages technology
Hawai‘i Learning Groups welcomes additional collaborators. Medical clinics and organizations who want to build capacity for specialized care or services among their frontline staff, especially staff that is geographically widespread, have the most to gain from adopting the ECHO model. Please Contact Us if you would like more information.