HLG Special Series, July 2018
Join a discussion about how to build teams. How can physician and non-physician team members work together? What can pharmacists do? Nurses? Medical Assistants? How can a team care for a population of patients?
All sessions are from 12 noon to 2 pm HST
Monday, July 9
- What is a collaborating agreement between pharmacists and PCPs?
- How does e-prescribing work?
- What are PBMs and what do they do?
Thursday, July 19
Non-physician team members, MAs
- How to have team members work to the maximum allowed by certification
- Medical assistants’ expanded roles: health coach (promoting patient self-management), navigator, scribe, population health manager, medication refiller and otherwise building a Coordinated Care Team relationship with high needs patients
- Training Medical Assistants for an expanded role as Care Coordinators
- Promoting joy in practice and healthy team dynamics
- Non-professional Care Coordinators supporting patients in the community
Monday, July 23
Engaging Pharmacists, part 2
- How does the Hawaii Prescription Drug Monitoring Program work?
- What do pharmacists want from PCPs?
- How are pharmacists integrated into care teams?
Monday, July 30
Care Coordination, Nurses
- Expanded roles for Nurses in the Primary Care team: assist patients with complex health conditions; patient education; health coaching patients with chronic health conditions; acute visits by protocol; transitions of care; end of life planning and care; staff supervision and training (clinical and population health management); triage.
- How Nurses can increase payment from Medicare